Friday, December 30, 2011

Facebook Friend Is Very Much Alive


First off, no official post today.  I know, I know.  What's the deal, Carson?  Hey, a man has to have some fun every once in awhile.  I got myself an Ipad 2 for Christmas and can't stop playing with it.  Which reminds me, what are the essential screenwriting apps for the Ipad?  I feel like I'm leaving productivity on the table with this thing.  I absolutely love it for books though.  Just downloaded Haruki Murakami's IQ84 and loving it so far.  Yes, that's right. I'm the only person in the world who takes time off from reading to, um, read.

Anyway, to the real point of this post.  Many months ago I reviewed a script called, "I Think My Facebook Friend Is Dead" for Amateur Friday.  The script went on to win the monthly prize over at Amazon, and just yesterday, received a big live-action test movie.  For those who don't know, Amazon is giving a million dollars at the end of the year to whoever can come up with the best test movie for one of its winners.  So these guys (no affiliation with the writers) went out and filmed the entirety of "I Think My Facebook Friend Is Dead," which is now up on the website.  I've only been able to watch 15 minutes so far, but for shooting an entire feature on no budget, I was pretty impressed.  I bring this up because 3 years ago, something like this would never have happened.  But in the strangest way, Clint and Donnie actually got their movie made.  Anyway, check it out if you have some free time.